Monday, March 30, 2009

Childrens Literature Festival


I recently returned from the Children's Literature Festival in Warrensburg Missouri. I was asked to do a workshop with David Harrison ( author of Pirates) we had a great time bantering about how we made the book together. David is a great guy and quite a poet, It was great to hear him read some of the poems he wrote for "Pirates". I also gave presentations to the school groups attending about my other projects and what it is like to be an illustrator.  This is the biggest Festival I have ever attended and it was great to meet so many great authors and illustrators in one place. I signed a bunch of books and met some of my fans, ( what a treat for me) . I look forward to visiting Warrensburg again , if they will have me. Here is a photo of David L. Harrison and me.

No comments: