Friday, February 26, 2010

Eagle Painting


I finished some sketches today so I thought I would work on a project that has been waiting a while for me to get to it, a painting of an eagle. I had a great time working on this one of three images, I wanted to just concentrate on edges and texture. I kept the color subdued (except the fabulous yellows in the beak) so I could focus on my task, I think it worked... at least for me. I am looking forward to the other two coming up. This painting reminds me of how much I love to paint the natural world, especially the critters that live in it. I hope you like it too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You paint very nice birds.

Cliff Mills said...

I think I like the way you, cs4 and your cintique work together.

Dan Burr said...

Thanks, I try to do my best when I am in the studio.