Saturday, January 9, 2010


I have been experimenting with brushes and textures trying to satisfy the painter in me and so I decided to paint something I really wanted to for a change, a Pirate... I had a great time working on this painting and am satisfied with the result. It is always a challenge to be satisfied with your work and after working on so many books and other jobs it's nice to do something for no reason at all, except to fulfill the need we all have to create something that interests us. My objective with this painting was to explore texture and brush strokes, I am always trying to come up with the perfect mark on the canvas and I suppose the quest will always be there. anyway here is my latest effort and perhaps the beginning of a new project that I would love to sink my brushes into.

1 comment:

adam taylor said...

Yay! Dan Burr and Pirates just can't go wrong! I like the painting... getting back to some loose painterly strokes.